Monday, August 11, 2008

tit for tat . . . then high fives and belly laughs

I asked the Bear if he'd help me by bringing the Bean's plate to her. She's not feeling well so it'd be great if he could help etc.

Here is the exchange that followed:

He looks at me as if I'd just asked him to loan me $200,000 for a pyramid scheme and says "No!" Then continues on with whatever it was that he was doing. I counter with, "Well, she always helps you." He stops and ponders his response, the says "I got her a lemonade juice box." I say, "When was that, like last year?" He looks at me completely deadpan and says,"I think the year before that." We both break out into hysterical laughter. I say,"Oh man, that was a good one. Touche." High fives are exchanged. I bring the Bean her food.

At first I was kind of pissed when he flat out refused to help and that exchange could have gone bad with some yelling or tears or even a time out. But, humor saved the day.
Bookmark and Share

0 Enlightened thoughts: