It's early. Well not that early any more, but I've been up for awhile so I still feel like I should get to declare it early. I can hardly believe how long it's been since I wrote. Given the absence of posts you'd think that I was away from my computer or otherwise occupied, but no I've been right here just not writing. I sucked into the internet and disappeared for awhile from my blog.
It's been an entertaining adventure over the past few months to sit on twitter and chirp away. And more recently to blip.fm music with others. (Thanks Meg for the music that feeds the brain). But now I'm looking to step back and reflect on all of this Web 2.0/Social Media stuff.
So far I've realized that this form of socializing works really well for me because I'm a control freak. With all of these sites and means of communicating I can control how much I put out to others, how much and what I choose to listen to, and what I choose to respond to. These options within the realm of almost real time communication are quite empowering (if not a bit seductive).
That's as far as I've gotten with my reflection. I don't want to force it too much and I just started reflecting this morning so I'm hoping I "get" what's going on a bit more as I continue to look at it from the outside. (Why did I just try to justify not having thoroughly reflected. My goodness that's warped).

The quest for a semblance of organization . . . and the holy grail
Life continues to unfold quite chaotically. I can't quite come to terms with that just being how we operate, but it really just is. I'd love to be better at planning and organizing but it appears that that actually involves planning and organizing. There are certain things that I can approach in a very organized fashion and the truth is that I function much more comfortably when I'm organized and prepared, but it just doesn't happen that often.
The perfect example would be trying to register R for basketball. We received the registration in August or something like that. Then we talked about if he should do basketball and about how we needed to sign him up. After that, the form went on the refrigerator and there it stayed. Every once in a while we'd say "Oh yeah, basketball we gotta do that." So finally when I realized that the time was getting short, I had no checks to mail the form in. This meant that it had to be dropped off when I had cash. So finally when the stars aligned, we were wait listed. Best intentions don't get jack shit done.
(Note: topic above is part of the problem not the part the solution)

0 Enlightened thoughts:
Post a Comment