Walking in a Winter Wonderland
One day last week Mena started thinking about skiing. She went on in glorious detail about how excited she was to ski this year. We reminded her that is was August, and she just smiled and said, "I know, but I'm still excited."(Paraphrased due to short term memory loss.) Later that day she asked me if it was alright if she tried on her boots to see if they still fit. I watched her try on a pair of ski boots. She then turned and looked at me ecstatically and said, "My toes don't touch the end. Call dad and tell him they fit." I called Don to let him know Mena's discovery about her boots and he questioned the accuracy of the fit and feel of the boots. It appears she had tried on R's.
I can't help but think of my father whenever M talks about skiing. Sometimes my eyes tear up thinking about how happy he'd be to know about her love of skiing. He didn't discover it until in his 50's but boy did he love it. I'm pretty sure if he was alive he'd be talking with her about the best mountains to ski and they'd be planning a few trips together.
- On a separate note, she's also singing "Deck the Halls" and madating that Uncle Tucker, Grandma, Auntie Mauli and Auntie Maria come for Christmas.

0 Enlightened thoughts:
Post a Comment