- Should have run yesterday.
- Should have biked the day before.
- Shouldn't have eaten the ice cream.
- Should have done more work around the house this summer.
- Shouldn't have wasted so much time on the computer.
- Should have finished refinishing the cabinet.
- Should have a job.
- Should handle money better.
- Shouldn't be blogging now.
- Should be blogging more.
- Should have cleaned the house.
A lot of has to do with work or the specifically the absence of full time work. Worries about money. Worries about success. Trying to define success. Worries about the color of my underwear. I know most of it is just bullshit, but it's just one of those down turns you have to get through.
Mulligan
Finally got myself out of the house for some exercise yesterday. I took a six mile walk in hopes of it helping to sort out my head. Oddly, I think it did work. Once I arrived home, I just felt more productive and focused. The truth is that exercise is my therapy. Without walks, runs, bike rides or trips to the gym my balance is off and the darker of my thoughts will rule the day. But we all know that once once your down it's a lot harder to get motivated and get out.
It looks as if my personal dark stormy cloud has passed. Now to get outside before the real rain starts.

0 Enlightened thoughts:
Post a Comment