Friday, November 6, 2009

Barbie Girl

A couple of weeks ago the kids started singing Barbie Girl by Aqua. For the life of me I couldn't figure out where they were hearing the song. But it made me smile because it reminded me of Howard Stern. In '97 Stern used to talk about how his youngest daughter was crazy for the song and she'd sing it all of the time. I'm pretty sure he aired her singing the song. I miss Stern but back to Barbie Girl .

It appears that Mattel is now embracing Aqua's version of Barbie Girl and using it in commercials. So question answered, they learned about Barbie Girl from television. Thank goodness that TV is raising those kids right!

M has, of course, out done Mattel.







Bookmark and Share

2 Enlightened thoughts:

Meghan Maguire Dahn said...

Kitty wanted in on that!

Sarah said...

the kitteh definitely wanted to dance. it pretty much attacks anything that moves now.