Monday, November 9, 2009

Uncle Albert

My blogittyness is not up to par at the moment. This nablopomo shit ain't easy.

But I'd be remiss if I did not send some bloggy love to my uncle Albert (allie pallie) today on his birthday.

DSCN0127

I was outside raking the leaves trying to think about what I should write when I started giggling. Thoughts of my uncle Albert usual revolve with visions of him around age 30 in too short jean cut-offs with his stuff on display for all to see; him in a speedo; the absence of an appropriateness filter; and the use of the term "lover".

Those are all, mostly, childhood memories. I'm lucky to now know my uncle as an adult. He sure had grown up nicely.

He's also oft unheralded still documentarian of our lives. And for this I give him great thanks everyday.

thebobcooks


Today he gets to enjoy is birthday on his actual day off which I see as a built in bonus. And he received some wonderful biking weather. Here's to uncle Allie hoping he had a ride worthy of his own greatness.

This appears to be all I've got for the moment besides
  • This video.








Bookmark and Share

0 Enlightened thoughts: