Don is the ultimate impulse buyer. This is part of the reason he doesn't carry cash and that I don't let him do the grocery shopping. The other part is the fact that I'm a complete control freak.
It not that he disregards price or sales, but that he just doesn't think about them at all. Usually he's moved to go to the store out of necessity whether it be milk, beer or button-down shirts. The hardware store seems to be the place where he grabs a few choice items at the check out. Usually this includes a Snickers or a Reese's; sunflower seeds, and a can of spicy & sweet peanuts. If Robert is with him there's generally a bag of Doritos or Cheetos too.
Today was no exception and Robert was with him. I'm told the peanuts are in the car. But the candy was different, this time they also brought home Pop Rocks. Once I saw the bags, my mind immediately went to Mikey because when Mena and I arrived home to find Robert knee deep in a bowl of Cinnamon Life for lunch clutching a bag of Pop Rocks.
- The rule was he had to eat lunch before he could try the them. Don had also bought a bag for Mena, but as she'd just had Fun Dip after horseback riding I initially told her she couldn't have Pop Rocks, but ultimately caved.
The kids were quite cautious at first. Mena decided that she'd prefer to have them in a bowl over pouring them willy nilly into her mouth. Robert started off by taking small bits and putting them in his mouth. He'd then about how his mouth was electric and then open it for us to hear the snap, crackle, pop.
It's funny how amusing this candy was to all of us. We took turns and oohed and aahed. I'm pretty sure it'd been awhile since we had collectively experienced candy.
Later, Don and I drank soda and ate the remainder of the Pop Rocks.
Next week we all try Mentos but not because of this video.
Foo Fighters - Big Me (Official Music Video) - Click here for this week’s top video clips
Epilogue
Later in the day Don went back out to return empties and buy some beer. He returned with a fog machine.

0 Enlightened thoughts:
Post a Comment