
As part of the awesomeness that was today we had a trip to the UCONN Dairy Bar. We were celebrating a wonderful Football season which had drawn to a close this morning/afternoon with a loss to Rham.
- NOTE: we tend to celebrate with ice cream
During our walk M found a longish white feather. After picking it up off the ground she looked at me and said, "Can I write with it with ink when we get home?" Luckily I was able to say yes, as we have ink courtesy of the hipster art student teacher at Vinton last year. Of course as soon as the owrds were out of my mouth, I forgot.
The feather ended up in my back pocket. At some point in the ensuing afternoon it must have made its way into M's line of vision rekindling her feather pen desires. The request for the ink came shortly their after. I have some good shots (one the other camera, I know) of her penning the following letters to her father and I.
First came this one. It's similar to a lot of what she writes when she asks to borrow my phone to practice her typing.

After presenting me with this one and blushing and saying "Well, it's true." She decided to write a note for Don (rather complied with his request). And penned this cutie.

This girl is such a treasure with her feather and ink and moxie.

4 Enlightened thoughts:
I like Don BECAUSE he's a little bit weird.
Well done, Mena!
Blah, blah, blah,
Meghan
Dear Mena,
I like your idea to write with a feather and ink, and I think people should do that more often. It seems way more fun than typing or writing with a regular old pen. Thanks for reminding me about it.
Kate
Blah Blah :)
You would make a good twitter buddy, Mena.
I hope you do more writing for us all.
tinnion
UK
This is fantastic. Maybe the next time the feather and ink fall into her line of vision, she'll write her old Uncle Sudsy a letter. Blah blah, Mena! Blah blah.
Indeed!
---Tucker.
Post a Comment