Friday, June 13, 2008

Savoring life

I just watched part of the Vinton school talent show and saw a 1st grader (that's an age guess) sing Buttercup. I'd spent the morning watching the most beautiful controlled chaos: children throwing water balloons, singing, running around and just being kids.

Volleyball1

How lucky am I to be able to take part in these things. i used to lament having to go, but now I just enjoy the technicolor enthusiasm and genuine expressions of fun.

Pure unadulterated fun.
Obstacle course

Yesterday we got in our first swim of the year and the kids were over the moon. though we wished we'd had the pool for the heat was of the weekend and earlier in the week, it just wasn't so. But they sill loved every minute of yesterday. Mena could not be happier.

First swim 2008 6

First swim 2008 1

First swim 2008 4

It's all about the here and the now. Somehow I am able to be more present in my life these days. Though I get sucked into my little virtual computer world, I'm finding that it is also part of my here and now. I can't help but conclude that in the face of my deep loss I have become more appreciative of people and my life. I savor my moments and record them. I document them not just for me, but for all those involved so that they too can remember what it's all about. I might take things for granted from time to time, that like love is expected and part of the human condition.

In the midst of these troubling chaotic fast pace time, it's really quite simple -- Live and love.

Bookmark and Share

0 Enlightened thoughts: