Monday, May 19, 2008

When comics speak to you

















I saw this comic yesterday and it just spoke volumes. Yesterday was one of those days where "No" was the most common word coming our of my mouth and "Stop kicking and hitting" the most common phrase. To get the full effect they have to be delivered with complete and utter exasperation and frustration. Some days are like that.

Bookmark and Share

2 Enlightened thoughts:

Anonymous said...

This one spoke to me, too, and my kids are nearer to your age than to your children's ages. It probably speaks to most mothers, most parents.
I've had a long time to think about those days, and the newer imperfections that continue to arise even today - time enough to forgive myself for not being the perfect parent.

Later you'll be amazed at the way Robert and Mena remember things - they'll have no memories of some of the things you might judge yourself most harshly for, and they'll cherish memories that have slipped away from you until they refresh your memory with their stories one day long into the future (you know, 10, 15, 20, 30 years from now).

Sarah said...

A few weeks ago, I was lamenting having done something (don't recall what)and made an off-hand comment about not being perfect. Robert looked sincerely at me and said "No one's perfect, Mom."
I'm thankful for the filter that time gives us. I look forward to their stories. I'll take the good with the bad. That's the dose I give my parents. It's healthy.
Thanks for reminding that I'll get to hear their perspective soon. For now I take some comfort in the fact that they say I smell like rainbows and fruit snacks.