Wednesday, February 18, 2009

simple beauty

It would be an understatement to say that I'm glad to have my camera back in working order. I'm ecstatic. In the weeks without my camera, I felt stripped of a form of expression. I missed grabbing my camera to take a shot here and there. Since buying my own camera about a year and a half ago, I've grown to love it as an extension of me. I'm not an expert photographer nor do I know a damn thing about photo editing but that doesn't mean I can't get a great shot.

I took this picture of M the other day while we were at the playground. I love how authentic her face is. Her face is not contorted as it often looks when she is posed, she just is.

She's beautiful, sweet and kind.

beanie girl au naturale
Bookmark and Share

3 Enlightened thoughts:

Gavin said...

I'm glad you got your camera back! That's a really great photo. It does such a great job of capturing that moment.

I've just started falling in love with mine again. Hopefully that will lead to more photography projects!

Anonymous said...

I came across you via an interesting Twitter post you wrote. I could tell even from your tweets that you are an excellent writer. Just read a few of your blog posts and truly enjoyed your writing voice. I totally agree with you about the shots that make the most beautiful ones. My five year old makes crazy faces when she poses.I look forward to reading more of your thoughts. I too love to play fairies with my kids at the playground. :)

Sarah said...

@gavin i love capturing the moments. given my horrible memory the images are eternally helpful

@tara thanks for the very warm compliments. playing fairies and enjoy what the now is a wonderful part of parenting - poop, not so wonderful.