Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter, you make my lips hurt.

The sky today was a deep shade of blue with a few cumulus clouds scattered across it and even if the Groudhog did see his shadow, today was the kid of day that reminds you that Spring will come again. However as I drove home today from Willimantic to Storrs to pick up my sick little one at school, I couldn't help but focus on the dark brown dirt covered icy snow mounds that lined the side of the road. There was certainly something incogruous between the sky and road today.

But even as we hit the mid-50's today my thoughts were still on Winter. Must have been the the road yuck or possibly that I'd awoken last night around 4:30 am to a very serious case of dry mouth and cracked lips. Winter hurts. There's just no getting around that fact especially when you're a sensitive skinned red-head like myself. So far this winter I've gone through about 3 tines of Burt's beeswax. I seriously love Burt's Beeswax. I'm not sure how long ago I started using this gift from above, but it is really the only lip balm that actually makes my lips not hurt. I remember way back when it was really difficult to find Burt's Beeswax. You had to shop at places like Champlion's to get it. Now you can pick it up at gas stations. I read an article awhile back about how that came to be and from the looks of it, Burt got screwed.

One trip, Two Burts

Ok, so those are two weird paragraphs. Not sure where I was going. But I'm exhausted and I've been puked on today, three times.

Bookmark and Share

3 Enlightened thoughts:

Jennifer said...

Sarah - it's nice to see you're back here. I bet there are more than 5 of us "listening."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.