These are drawing that Robert and Mena did yesterday. The kids were in the basement watching a video of
Peep and the Big Wide World when Robert asked for (demanded) black, yellow, orange and blue markers and paper. We told him there were crayons in the desk in the basement and his sketch pad was on the floor.
He begrudgingly stomped up the stairs and got the markers himself. WE had no clue what he wanted them for at the time. When I went down to turn off the TV, I discovered his pictures
. They look just like the characters. I was floored and asked "Did you just do those?" He smiled his sheepish grin and casually responded, "Yeah". I said, "They're just incredible, lets show dad". He smiled some more.
Robert's pictures 
Mena, who had witnessed this, followed us upstairs started scanning for markers and papers. She too wanted to draw Peep, Quack and Chirp.
Mena's pictures

I guess you never know where inspiration will come from -- a TV show, sibling rivalry, confusion, sadness, anger, etc. but always follow when it does come even if your mom won't get you the markers.
1 Enlightened thoughts:
These kids are truly talented! As a completely impartial observer, I'm totally impressed!
Post a Comment