As a child I remember being so happy to be a Cook, it was only later that I was left wondering why we were always just so different. Had it always been this way or was it just me. Different felt great in so many ways: the warm extensions of love, the dance parties, the talents shows, the costumes and the always open door. But sometimes you just wanted to shy away from the extrovert nature of being a Cook. As I grow older and more contemplative, I find that all of the things my family did/does that made/make me nuts I've always done too. I’m loud, I’m boisterous, I’m rowdy and I want to have fun.
I found this clip of a visit with my aunt Mauli, my father and my son to Aunt Betty’s. I’m posting the portion where my father filmed the video of the 65th Birthday party that was thrown for my Grandfather. “It’s great to be a Cook” and this is another documented reason why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Enlightened thoughts:
Post a Comment