In the summer of 2001 I moved back to Storrs and once again I did not come alone. This time I brought a husband and a son. My parents welcomed us with open arms to Separatist Rd. They knew that we were looking to settle in Storrs so they once again included us in many of their activities as we began to start circles of our own friends. I met one of my favorite people, Sue Cote, at my parents house where she was babysitting for Claire and Grace. My parents circles, eased the difficulty of building our own community. I'm reminded often how small of a town Storrs really is and how deep and long friendships here go. I thank my parents for welcoming us and for always supporting us, the young family, as we make a nice little Venn diagram of enrich and expand our community of friends.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Enlightened thoughts:
Post a Comment