From Sandy Garrett Kuester
It's taken me some time to write this email, mainly because I haven't found the right words to say. I read your blog every day and memories come flooding back. Obvioulsy, I knew Bob in a very different capacity than his close friends, but I still feel that my life was impacted by his spirit. I remember spending a lot of time on Separatist Road as a teenager, and every memory I have is a happy one. Granted, we were young and wild and blissfully ignorant at that time, but I remember always feeling somehow more at home there than any where else in the world. I know your parents played a big part in that. Bob and Merrill gave us all enough space to learn about ourselves but were always close enough for us to feel secure and nurtured. Does this even make sense? I feel a huge sense of loss knowing Bob is gone, and it comes from the child within me. He was such a huge part of some of our most turbulent years.
I remember specifically one warm summer night around the fire in the garbage can, probably as a sophomore. It was just Bob and I. He was philosophizing, to me of all people! I had no idea what he was talking about, but I remember feeling as if my mind expanded that night. He taught me to look and think outside the box.
I am a better person because of him, and I am sure there are many people that can say this.
I want you to know how truly sorry I am for your loss, and hope that you find comfort in knowing that your father had such a profound impact on many, many different lives.

0 Enlightened thoughts:
Post a Comment