How many wonderful Fourths did we spend with you and Merrill, plus half the world you, two, generously invited? Well, I’d like to say it was the first one we attended but it probably wasn’t when I had a senior moment (doesn’t that excuse everything?). I walked up to you and said, “You look so familiar, but I can’t remember your name.” “Bob, Bob Cook,” you answered with your friendly smile.
Love,
Joanie

2 Enlightened thoughts:
I loved singing the National Anthem with Bob every 4th! He sang like he did everything else: with total joy.
I met Bzob at The Hartford Insurance Group back in 1998 in one of the BPT classes he taught. Bzob invited the class to the Cook 4th of July Party. Bzob told the class that's it a forever invitation and the only way to not be invited back to the Cook 4th of July Party was to ask "When is the Cook 4th of July Party?" I made sure I never asked Bzob when his 4th of July Party was.
Post a Comment