Saturday, March 22, 2008

Aunt Anne

a message from Pat Dubos


There are so many stories to tell about Bob – camping, 4th of July parties, parties in general and I’m sure many with the “gift” will make them come alive. When I think of Bob what comes to mind first is the depth of his faith. For these forty years he has been a fellow companion in liturgy, potluck suppers, camping ventures and countless celebrations both happy and sad. Through it all what stands out is that he has lived his faith – quietly but obviously to all who have known him.

We all have in our lives folks who we can only label as “a challenge to love”. Bob’s life was no exception. I suspect that he would agree that one of his aunts immediately came to mind. He acknowledged openly her difficult nature and then proceeded to dutifully take her grocery shopping every week without any fanfare. Then when she died he was responsible for respectfully planning for her funeral and burial. Now that’s Christian love – and he didn’t even like her! Thanks for the example, Bob.


0 Enlightened thoughts: