Saturday, March 29, 2008

Soul Brothers


Shared by Lisa Dahn

Bob has been my friend since I was 25 and falling in love with his friend & co-conspirator, Robart. We shared many adventures and projects and family times over the years that make me smile. Getting the pickup stuck in the woods on a firewood run and learning how to use a comealong and roofing and reroofing the store come immediately to mind. Also, the endless hours at the pool that structured my kid’s summers and, of course, the adventures in cooking.

Bob and Robart had a special bond: soul brothers, I would say. It extended from them throughout our families. I am so grateful to have stood close to them.

What I have felt and still feel now most clearly from Bob are the wonderful gifts of acceptance and love, always lightened up with an ample dose of fun and a generous dash of good natured teasing. I hope I carry that awesome recipe in my life because it surely nourished me and mine through all these years.

Thanks, Bob



0 Enlightened thoughts: