Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh my God, Missy Stone!


This s a lovely note from Missy Inman. I read this to my mom and she remarked that Bob must have really liked her because he drove a lot of people away from volleyball.

My story, experience:

I will always remember Bob as a person who does not judge people and always makes you feel a part of the “pack”. I started playing volleyball with a fellow worker, Lee at the Willimantic YMCA. I remember accompanying him to the high school in Storrs. I was horrible! But some old guy with a ZZ Top doo came up to me and explained the game and made me feel welcome. Bob made the game so enjoyable that I have not stopped playing since. Interestingly, I met my husband on the volleyball court here in Nebraska. Plus, volleyball is my daughter’s favorite sport and she has been playing since she was 5.

The other story involves a good friend, Bill. I was dating Bill while in Connecticut. Those of you, who know him, know that he is quite a bit older then me (I was 25 or so). I invited him to attend a tournament I was playing in. I believe it was a grass one. He did not really want to go because he felt that he was going to be the oldest one there. I got him to go after I said, nope, I was playing with a guy who was even older, Bob. Bob made Bill felt comfortable and even got him to start playing.

I can honestly say that this trip down memory lane has brought a smile to my face and really realize how fortunate I was to have weaseled my way into the “Cook” family.

Melissa, aka Missy Stone.

0 Enlightened thoughts: