Sunday, March 23, 2008

I want to be like Bob


message of Love from Dave Dubos

Sarah, Josh and Merrill,
Your father has been on my mind a lot lately. Last weekend I had a dream where I was sitting talking to Bob and he said "good bye" to me. I would like the opportunity to say the same. If you would'nt mind sharing this on the blog site.
"I WANT TO BE LIKE BOB"
My memories are fond. And even stronger is the feeling of peace, love and acceptance no matter who you are, when I think of BOB. His laugh was unforgettable, "he, he, he ,he he", even funner is that my oldest daughter Callie the other day started to laugh just like him. I said, "Callie you sound just like Bob Cook"! The awesome 4th of July parties, where I could bring anyone and they always felt like they belonged. Who else would stay up until 4:00 am with a bunch of annoying teenagers by the camp fire at Hammo. telling stories and jokes. Thats right Bob Cook. Bob you taught the people by example how to unconditionally love, esp. your family and friends and to love life. You always find time to do what you love life, i.e. play volleyball and ski. Lastly, I want you to know that I talk about you every year at my school when I begin my volleyball unit. (I am a PE teacher) I tell everyone what a great lifetime sport volleyball is and I have good family friends that are in their 60's and they could beat me a game anytime. I think I 'm going to start my intro. to volleyball next year like this. "Hey Kids, do you know what Santa does all summer?" "He plays beach volleyball!"
Bob I miss you, but you will always live in my heart, memories and PE classes.



0 Enlightened thoughts: