I’ve come to realize that it would be helpful to describe what’s going on these days over at Separatist Road as I think the joy and love that’s in the house exemplifies the life my parents live. For the past week my aunts, Maria and Mauli, have been staying with my parents. They’ve really risen to the occasion and help in any way possible easing the burden placed upon my mother. My cousin Nerissa came in to town on Thursday and my uncle Albert and cousin Liam will arrive today. Josh comes down on Sunday.
Bob wakes pretty late these days and comes out of my parents’ bedroom around noon time. He then rests on the couch. He’s in and out of sleep. He made the decision two days ago not to take visitors as he just doesn’t have the energy for it. While Bob rests, the house is full of some amazing activity. Merrill is usually busy with some kind of healing. I’m not sure which kind it is, but I know it involves a lot of books, pictures and love. Maria and Mauli have been busy helping with he preparation for the church dinner. When the three ladies are not busy with those activities there are also yoga sessions being led and acupuncture treatments being given. There’s also plenty of laughter. Stories are told and someone is usually poked fun at. I have been bringing my daughter, Mena, over in the afternoons and she lightens the mood and dances ballet. Last night she even led all of the ladies in a class and a wonderful performance.
I have to add that when we are doing the preparation work for the church dinner, Bob will perk up to tell us the correct way to do the task. On Wednesday Maria had to demonstrate he ability to use the green bean frencher (it’s an interesting contraption that had to be clamper to a cutting board) to his satisfaction. Always the foreman.
Today the preparation for the church dinner will continue. I think that we might have more volunteers to help us get the food ready and serve it than actual attendees at the dinner. That’s a great thing!

0 Enlightened thoughts:
Post a Comment